Veganuary with Dilmah Tea
The start of a new year can only mean one thing, the start of Veganuary once more!
This month, we are proud to be celebrating what we’ve been offering for years; plant-based goodness that tastes delicious, not only in your cuppa but beyond too!
Over 30 years ago, our Founder had a unique vision to ethically produce the finest tea on Earth, just as nature intended. Meaning we were brewing 100% garden fresh and unblended tea before it was #cool.
So, what is Veganuary and why is it important?
Veganuary takes place every January, to encourage people to try vegan, drive corporate change and create a global mass movement championing compassionate food choices, to end animal farming, protect the planet and improve human health.
As promised, this month we will be providing plant-based goodness that goes beyond your morning brew. Presenting plants, herbs and culinary magic, check out this delicious plant-based ratatouille pinwheel dish created by chef Nihal from the Dilmah Empower Culinary & Hospitality School.
Plant-based Ratatouille Pinwheel
What you’ll need:
● 250g potatoes
● 250g Purple Yam
● 100g Aubergine
● 25g Onion
● 10g Garlic, Butter, Pepper, Salt & Bay Leaf
● 25ml Olive Oil
● 20g Parmesan Cheese
● 25g Red Pepper
● 25g Courgette
● 250g Peeled Tomatoes
● 15g Tomato Puree
1. Start by boiling and mashing the potatoes and yam - in separate bowls.
2. Cut and fry the aubergine in small cubes
3. Saute the onion, garlic and herbs in the olive oil
4. Add in all the other vegetables, apart from the aubergine
5. Add in the peeled chopped tomatoes and tomato puree
6. Add in the aubergine and season to taste
7. Roll out the two later of potato with the ratatouille and enjoy!
For more tea-spiration click here.